Full Stack Developer
Founded in 2012, Venuemob is one of Australia's fastest growing internet companies. Venuemob is the leading company in the event technology space in Australia, and works with thousands of venue partners globally including venues ranging from the best bars to internationally renowned hotels. The company is backed and funded by Singtel Optus and other high profile funds.
We make it faster and cheaper for event bookers to find venues for their events and is disrupting a multibillion dollar industry. Venuemob is expanding rapidly, and are looking to continue the development of our leading position and to become the leading events resource in the Asia Pacific region.
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer who is not afraid to get their hands dirty in both front and back end development. You will be a major contributor and the go to person in delivering a world class service by contributing strategic objectives and delivery of leadership in the development of the overall product and to include Venuemob strategy by constantly being innovative and providing recommendations on new ways to implement ideas while remaining consistent with our core values.
What you'll do
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver core feature development across our entire platform on a set of tools and services for venue managers and event organisers
- Able to hit the ground running and assist in the development of both backend and frontend features
- Continue the development of our front-end component library in collaboration with our core team, with modules like rich text articles, video, product catalogues and venue finders.
- Work with the core team to define product features for key areas
- Design and development of our API platform
- Collaborate with UX and UI designers to build a slick, beautiful responsive application.
- Translate customer needs into solutions that make good use of our existing platform, technologies and techniques.
- Use a modular approach to balance speed of delivery across multiple sites using the same technologies.
What you'll bring to the role
- Three or more years' experience building responsive websites in a full-stack capacity.
- A decent foundational understanding of HTTP and its role in the web.
- A mature approach to front-end web development using the latest CSS and JS methodologies.
- An appreciation for the benefits of agile methodologies like Scrum.
- Self-motivated and driven to see a task through to completion
- Experience building and managing cloud hosted applications on AWS and Docker
Other technologies you'll encounter in this role
- Experience in these areas is not required, but may help your application.
- Webpack / ES6 / Babel
We are seeking the following:
- Experience in world leading online startup companies preferred
- Desire and willingness to take on the direct responsibility of help us grow as a company
- An entrepreneurial spirit with transferable skills in a similar fast growing environment that demanded fast and objective decision making
- Excellent verbal communication skills: ability to speak to stakeholders and partners face to face, and great over the phone and email
- Do-ers who are focused on the completion of tasks to perfection
- History of academic and career success
- Can-do attitude, organisational skills and plenty of creativity
What’s it like to work at Venuemob?
Working at Venuemob means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built on world-class technology by a world-class team. You’ll join the Technology team in our vibrant, office accommodation in Collingwood, Vic. We always set time aside for continuous improvement. Our culture is paramount! Must love a laugh and a fun Friday. We make time to attend out of hours networking events and venue familiarisation.
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Opportunity for fast progression within high-growth company;
- Start-up environment with serious funding and resources;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Daily “Show n Tell’ team meetings, with refreshments tea, coffees and more
- Office amenities including bean bags, arcade games, table tennis and Friday evening beer and cider on tap,
Only applicants who has rights to work in Australia will be considered.
For more information about Venuemob, see www.venuemob.com Follow Venuemob on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter @venuemob Blog: https://venuemob.com.au/blog/ and Instagram