Accounts Receivable Officer (Part Time)
Founded in 2012, Venuemob is one of Australia's largest venue and events websites.
Venuemob is leading the industry's innovation through development and technology, now working with thousands of Venue and Event Partners across the Asia Pacific region. The company is backed and funded by SingTel Optus. We make it faster and cheaper for Event Bookers to find the perfect venue, and are quickly disrupting a multibillion-dollar industry. Venuemob is expanding rapidly, we are looking to continue the development of our position to become the leading events resource platform in the Asia Pacific region and expand globally.
Accounts Receivable Officer (Part Time)
You will support this incredible growth, we are seeking a proven financial accountant in Accounts Receivable responsible for the billing and follow-up with our Venue Partners. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will have exposure to all aspects of the business and provide important financial analysis and insight to help guide the strategic direction of the business.
Whilst expected to provide the day-to-day financial control and support including Accounts Payable /Accounts Receivables, Cashflow management, payroll, banking and reconciliations, your real impact will be in the business wider commercial support to our business functions at Venuemob.
Other key responsibilities will include;
Data entry and processing invoices
- Driving the collection process with outbound calls to key clients
- Setting up and maintaining customer accounts
- Managing and responding to queries
- Account reconciliations
- Managing and investigating internal and external invoice enquiries
- Maintaining key client relationships, both internal and external
- Assisting with weekly and end of month reporting
- Attending to customer queries and resolving in a timely manner
Month end revenue reporting preparation
- Proven working experience in accounts receivable
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
To be considered, you will have experience in and understanding of what it takes to form part of a fast-paced small business. You will bring strong financial experience with a great attitude to act now, be "hands-on" in a business and think logically.
As a great 'start-up' with an amazing culture, fit is critical to this team of professionals, all of whom are invested, engaged and committed to the development of high Software as a Service products in the technology and events industry. You will be a great addition to this young team that can handle the fast-paced and "now is already too late" mentality that makes this business such a success.
What’s it like to work at Venuemob?Working at Venuemob means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built on world-class technology by a world-class team. You’ll join the team in our vibrant office in Collingwood, Victoria or Work from home if required. We always set time aside for continuous improvement. Our culture is paramount! We make time to attend out of hours networking events and venue familiarisation.
- Attractive remuneration package and uncapped commission
- Opportunity for fast progression within high-growth company;
- Start-up environment with serious funding and resources;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Daily venue presentation team meetings, with refreshments tea, coffees and more
- Office amenities including bean bags, arcade games, table tennis and Friday evening beer and cider on tap
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your application and advise that only candidates that meet the position requirements and are Australian Citizens or permanent Resident Visa holders will be contacted. Candidate sponsorship is, unfortunately, unavailable.
For more information about Venuemob, see www.venuemob.com Follow Venuemob on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter @venuemob Blog: https://blog.venuemob.com.au/ and Instagram